Alt kategori yok.
- Hydro Power Module - http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/re-kiosk/hydro/index.shtml
Provides an introduction to the principles, applications and environmental impacts of small hydroelectric power systems.
- Hoover Dam Hard Hat Tour - http://www.hooverdam.com/service/hardhat.html
Learn about the "behind the scenes" tours offered of the Hoover Dam and its hydroelectric power plant.
- Davis Dam and Powerplant - http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~pao/davis.html
Profiles an Arizona dam completed by the Bureau of Reclamation in 1953 to re-regulate and generate power from releases by the Hoover Dam.
- Foundation for Water and Energy Education - http://www.fwee.org/Tours.html
Industry group offers virtual tours, fact sheets, articles and links regarding hydroelectric energy and its environmental impact.
- Hydropower in Hawaii - http://www.hawaii.gov/dbedt/ert/hydro_hi.html
Examine these fact sheets describing the hydropower plants on the islands of Kauai, Maui, Hawaii and Oahu.
- Tennessee Valley Authority - Hydroelectric Power - http://www.tva.gov/power/hydro.htm
Describes the dams administered by the Authority and how they are used to generate power. Includes a diagram of a hydroelectric dam.
- Parker Dam and Powerplant - http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~pao/parker.html
Describes Parker Dam and its power generation facilities. Spanning the Colorado River in California, it is the deepest dam in the world.